Slow Cooker Curry Chicken. Warm curry flavors and creamy coconut milk add flavor and moisture to lean chicken breasts. This slow cooker chicken curry is perfect in every way – juicy pieces of chicken, a spicy, flavorful gravy that has the right consistency – this is the perfect dinner to come home to. So who is with me when I say slow cookers are awesome?
If you're trying to keep things even healthier though, my slow cooker vegetarian chili, slow cooker vegetable curry and coconut chickpea curry recipes are exactly that and more. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry – lip-smacking creamy curry chicken in a perfect blend of homemade Jamaican curry powder and other spices. A simple made-from-scratch curry, slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious. You can cook Slow Cooker Curry Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 1 (13.5 oz) of can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut up into 2 inch pieces.
Slow cooked to intensify the heat and flavour. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry: This is an easy curry that you can adjust to your tastes. It is worth frying the onions and spices off at the beginning to give the curry a When the chicken is cooked and you're ready to serve, check seasoning and add more paprika to taste, if it needs a touch more spice. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is a flavourful Thai chicken dinner recipe, made easily in a crockpot!
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Then add the carrots and ginger into the pot, cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to the pot and cook everything together for another 5 minutes..
- Put the chicken into the slow cooker, then pour the curry sauce on top of it. Stir together. Close the lid, put the temperature to low, and set the timer to six hours..
- After three hours, take off the lid, stir for about a minute, then replace the lid and let cook for another three hours..
A flavorful meal with juicy chicken in thick red curry. This is a slow cooker chicken curry that's packed with vegetables and so much flavor. It's incredibly easy to make and reheats well as leftovers. Morsels of chicken breast are slow-cooked in a creamy coconut curry with potatoes and red bell pepper. Raisins and flaked coconut add texture and sweetness to this rich dish.