Bread Pudding. For this classic Bread Pudding, challah bread is soaked in a rich custard spiked with spiced rum and vanilla, and baked until golden. It's a great make-ahead dessert, and wonderful with ice cream! It was first known as a "poor man's pudding" as it was made from stale leftover bread that was simply.
Because bread pudding is so popular and versatile, every good cook will need a variety of recipes in their arsenal. From easy Bread Pudding recipes to masterful Bread Pudding preparation techniques, find Bread Pudding ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. It's layers of bread mixed with a delicious, creamy custard made from eggs, sugar, and either cream or milk. You can have Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- It’s 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- You need 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- You need 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- You need 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Using heavy cream alone will give the richest and, in my opinion. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. Bread Pudding is a classic British Dessert, delicious hot or cold and fantastic with a drizzle of Soaking the bread is a important and the longest stage of making bread pudding, although it doesn't. This is the epitome of bread pudding.
Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
It's so easy, so cozy, and so sticky in a way that can only be good with bread pudding. It's so filled with juicy rum and butter raisins which I will make an exception. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Chances are, you already have on hand almost all the ingredients you will need to make bread pudding: sugar, milk, bread, butter, and eggs.