Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels. Don't forget the easy spicy cheese sauce! Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Homemade Soft Pretzels can be made with all purpose flour (plain flour) or bread flour.
Buttery soft inside, golden and salty on the outside, you'll love dipping these in your favorite You can freeze soft pretzels after baking and after you have allowed them to cool for a while. If you are making pretzels fresh and just want to. Making soft pretzels may seem intimidating, but you don't need the skills of a pastry chef or a bottle of lye to make them. You can have Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels
- Prepare of Pretzel Dough:.
- It’s of lukewarm water.
- Prepare of active dry or instant yeast.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of all purpose flour + more as needed.
- You need of Coarse salt.
- It’s of Baking Soda Bath:.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of baking soda.
Baking soda is your friend when A pretzel is a type of baked bread product made from dough and shaped into a distinctive twisted knot. The signature chewy golden brown crust is. Learn how to make my Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe with my favorite no-knead, no-machine method! Want to bake the best homemade soft pretzels ever?
Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels instructions
- Pour the water into a large bowl and whisk in the yeast. Let it sit for 1 minute, then whisk in the brown sugar, butter and salt. Switch to a rubber spatula and start to add in 3 cups flour, 1 cup at a time. Then add in 3/4 cup more, a 1/4 cup at a time until it's all incorporated. At this point, if the dough is still sticky, continue to add flour a 1/4 cup at a time until it is no longer sticky. The dough should bounce back after you poke it when it's ready to knead..
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 3 minutes, then form it into a ball and cover with a clean towel to let it rest for 10 minutes. While it rests, start heating the water and baking soda in a large pot over medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set them aside..
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to divide the dough into 12 even 1/3 cup portions. Roll each portion into a rope, about 20-22 inches long. To form the pretzel shape, first make a U shape with the dough. Then cross the ends together in an X. Twist them once and fold it towards you. Press it lightly onto the bottom of the dough rope. Repeat with all dough portions..
- Once all of your dough is shaped, your water should be boiling. Working one at a time, use a slotted spatula to gently drop each pretzel into the water and boil for 20 seconds. Then lift it out and allow any excess water to drip off. Place it onto the baking tray (6 to a tray) and sprinkle it all over with coarse salt. Repeat the process with each pretzel..
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until each pretzel is golden brown. Then let them cool slightly before serving. They are best on the day they're made, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I would recommend heating the leftover pretzels before serving..
Check out this simple yet amazing recipe and if I can bake it so can you. This no egg homemade soft pretzel recipe proved me wrong because the dough came together beautifully just by mixing with an electric beater for a couple of seconds initially. A good baked soft pretzel is "the treat" for savory snack-freak like myself. For the record, I have to eat a soft pretzel whenever we are in a fair or just I also call my homemade pretzels – humble poor man's pretzels. They are essentially full proof, the only.